#201950 :: Funk Master in Vintage White :: SOLD

This time you're not looking at a fine Guitarbuild body and a US neck, but a cheap 125€ used P bass with a black poly finish under the new relic'd white finish. As I have already stated before, (some) cheap instruments are not bad, except that not much time was spent on them. I wasn't expecting a fine Swamp Ash body underneath it all, but a lot can be done just by tuning the truss rod and half an hour leveling the frets, which was what I've done.

Once I knew the playing was good, the rest was obvious; disassemble it, work the headstock, add string-thru cavities with Gotoh ferrules for a bit more sustain, new finish, relic, final assembly and final adjustments. I also had a bridge cover that I wasn't able to install on Rik's #201948 P Bass due to the size of the Gotoh bridge, which gave it that vintage look we all love.

I almost forgot! Who would say that a cheap replica would have a flamed maple neck!! I couldn't believe my eyes! Absolutely gorgeous! It's a shame that the photos don't show exactly the aging/yellowing on the borders and edges, quite realistic, very proud of it! Also due to my new spray gun ;)