#201901 :: Fetish "Heritage" guitar in Tobacco Sunburst :: SOLD

As I stated in my latest post, I started this project in the last week of 2018, after Xmas, put it aside, and decided to finish it now, in September 2020. There was some retouching on the relicing here and there, body and neck; I think that the neck color was too light, and the showing wood needed to be a bit more greyish too. In 2019 I was spraying guitars with an airbrush!! The coat is really thin, and this color started as a kind of weathered Sunburst that I didn't liked that much at first, but once relic'd, I really loved the worn effect. It's more Aged than Relic'd actually.

First time I played Alexander Pribora's pickups, and there's a cool vintage vibe to them, at least for this set. These may not be boutique pickups, but I sure like'em! The cleans are very cool, and if you add some overdrive there's a "growl" that I personally like a lot. A bit less "twangy" than I expected, but then again, I'm not that fond of the sound of a Tele regular bridge pickup in fact, so I'm OK with it.

 

Here are some highlights about it:

:: Guitarbuild UK's Swamp Ash Telemaster body, 2.0kg, made to Fender vintage specs;

:: German TMG maple neck, 21 frets, double action truss rod;

:: "Cream Tele" scatterwound pickup set by Alexander Pribora;

:: Custom faux-leather custom pickguard;

:: Göldo vintage bridge and Allparts vintage machine heads;

:: Oak Grigsby 3-way switch, Alpha 250k A and B pots, and Göldo mono 1/4 jack socket;