#202115 :: Americana Sunburst REfinish (genuine Fender Stratocaster) :: CUSTOM ORDER

 You probably don't know but I have a part-time job driving kids to school on a small van. And since I was still on vacation from that, I decided to accept to enter my worst nightmare: to strip a poly finished genuine Stratocaster. Working on someone's guitar makes me nervous; if it goes wrong,... you know what I mean. Olivier had sent me a couple of pics of what he wanted (Dale Wilson creation below...), and there were already a few tries to relic the poly finish. Let's just say I had seen worse. The problem is that I'm not Dale Wilson LOL!

The neck was easier to strip that I had thought, the body... Jesus have mercy!! Yes, it's a complete mess until you got the thing done guys. Maybe it's my lack of experience doing it too, but I really hate that part.

The fun part was doing the sunburst, building up some lacquer layers, spraying the neck, etc. Let me tell you that the chrome on those Fender parts is thick, which is not a bad thing considering you don't want that "kind-of-orange" color from the copper layer appearing. I succeeded on achieving that greyish dull look we all love. The plastics were already worn, I just added my touch to the covers and knobs, nice by the way.

The body too basically an all day's work, like 7 hours or so to be ready. but it was worth it. Dale Wilson will surely do better, but I'm proud of the final result, very proud.