#202207 :: Americana SSS Modern Vintage set in Aged ++ Sonic Blue :: SOLD

Sold to my good friend Hans Peter!

I was inspired several weeks ago by a regular pickguard Strat by Fender Custom Shop (I know it wasn't Dale Wilson or V. van Trigt, but I can't remember the name right now) which was finished in this same tonality, and I thought: "-Wow, that's an awesome color!", and I really like how the blue appeared under the aged lacquer that gives it a greenish look, really great combination. Maybe some of you will just say that it simply looks like Surf Green, but on the edges, that slightly blue tonality is quite charming.

Plus, the aged white 60's Accessory set from Fender is, for me, the best contrast you can get. The control back plate however was cut and finished by myself; I recently found out that Thomann sells pickguard material sheets, and bought one in Mint Green. I would prefer that this Mint Green matched the Mint Green from Fender's trem back cover, which is more like a cream color in my opinion, but it's OK, it looks nice anyway.

I don't do advertising, but I'm blown away by the pictures taken with my wife's mobile phone! I only use one IKEA lamp and I usually spend quite a while to achieve my pics without too many white areas created by the light. My working space is quite small and it's tough to get good results, but this time it was a piece of cake! I had to reduce quite a lot, that's why you will see 2 combos of detail pictures below because I just didn't wanted to stop taking pics!

The neck is a 21 fret 1-pc slightly roasted maple neck with truss rod on heel, wider radius than vintage necks, like 12" or even more; thickness: 22.1mm at 1st fret and 23.4mm at the 12th fret. The whole guitar set (no pickups) weighs 3.25kg, the body is a 3-pc Alder Strat body, obviously without pickguard, from Guitarbuild UK, and inside the back control cavity you will find Göldo 250 A and B pots, and a classic 5-way switch. Vintage cup style jack input with an 1/4" mono jack installed, Göldo TV10S Antique/Aged trem system, Allparts 6-in-line vintage machine heads, and inside a small bag you have the trem bar, 2 tree string retainers, and a set of 6 relic'd mounting screws and springs for your pickups. Dont forget that the spacing of the 3 PU covers is 52mm, and I personnally would use a bit of 2mm hard foam underneath the PUs to lift them closer to the strings.

Last but not least, plenty of lacquer checking all over the body and neck, and I wouldn't pull off those 2 pinup stickers if I were you; the printing is awesome, they have a slight varnish on the top, and they stick really hard once they're in place!

That said, Godspeed, have a great day or evening wherever you are!

Yours truly, the Baldman.