#202211 :: Da'Twang hybrid set in Cherry Burst + Surf Green :: SOLD

Yes, doing something out of the ordinary once in a while!

Starting from the beginning; I keep around 20 pictures in my phone (I'm the kind of guy that never takes pictures to himself, the wife, the car, the best friend's wedding, etc., and if I do, 4 days later they're gone). I like essentials, and the pictures and images I keep are ideas, colors, finishes, for later projects. If my brain forgot it, it wasn't essential.

Skipping that part... I kept, among those 20, a picture of a Tele from MacMull Custom Guitars, just because I liked the trimmed pickguard idea. And this body was great for it, since the top is very nice. Also, it doesn't have the string-thru holes, and for months now I wanted to do a Tele with a tremolo. Not a Strat tremolo, and since I had already used a Bigsby on my good friend Peter Hans's Telecaster, I have combined a Jazzmaster tremolo with one of those opened Tele bridges for Bigsby tremolo sets. The cavity was done, believe it or not, after the relic job. Yeah I was scared!

I have just sold a '72 Tele Custom set, and the body came from that same guy, Marseille region, here in France; I'm guessing it's built from the same hard rock maple, and a slightly flamed 2-pc maple top, around 4mm thick, which gave me the idea to do a natural binding all around it. I'm not positive sure about the maple, but I'm leaving one of my rare photos from when I was doing the belly cut, by hand. Anyway, it's not mahogany nor basswood, and neither alder, korina, ash, etc. But I forgot to keep a register of what it is. Probably my brain though it wasn't essential LOL!

The rest of the hardware is pretty much the same I usually use, Allparts machine heads, Göldo 250k electronics, vintage cup jack input, TAD '72 knobs (I fell inlove with those lately), 3-way switch... Don't forget the neck PU will be direct mounted; if you don't have any experience doing it, think twice before decide to buy the set.

About the neck, same as the one on that sold '72 Tele set, the 2nd of the 3 Telecaster necks received last March; regular C shape profile, 22mm at the first fret and 23,9mm at the 12th, vintage style truss rod at heel for star screwdriver, with a more opened radius than 9.5". The fret level was done and frets have 2.7x1.1mm (height), vintage style. Weighs 3.5kg.