#202216 :: Americana HSS set in Heavy Relic Ocean Turquoise Metallic :: SOLD

This project surprised me a lot!

One more Stratocaster HSS Alder body that weighs 1.9kg, with a wood split on the back that I got from my suppier in the UK, ref. 515214. You guys have been generous to me, and my finished body stock almost disappeared this April. I was just going to make a simple body to set on sale, which of course, I wanted it to look cool, but as in many projects, I don't know exactly how it's going to turn out. I was aiming for a medium relic finish, but I wasn't thinking on spending that much time over it due to the battery cavity on the back, that takes away quite a bit of that vintage look.

But things were going to take a turn since the aged transparent lacquer was peeling off nicely from the Nitrolack's Turquoise base, and the white primer beneath it was looked very nice too!

A couple of weeks before I had finished an Allparts SMO-C 10" radius maple neck for a client, but he wasn't happy with the profile. OK... I refunded him fully and got the neck back because it's the perfect match to this body. The mariage between the cavity and the neck's joint is just perfect! Not too tight, but tight enough to slide smoothly.

Being from the same guys at Guitarbuild, their HSS configuration (from my previous experiences) doesn't fit perfectly regular HSS pickguards other than their own model; the humbucker cavity should be 2mm towards the tremolo in my opinion, and that's why I decided to sell it with a regular SSS (hand aged) Mint Green pickguard, and also, a custom black backplate for the battery cavity and a modern aged white backplate that I had hanging around for 2 years now. NO OTHER hardware is included guys.

You like it, but you don't know what to do with the battery cavity? Hmmm... piggy bank maybe? LOL!