#202324 :: Americana HSH set in Heavy Relic Sunburst finish :: SOLD

[September 10th: Fred, from Portugal, has bought this body and asked for a neck to go with it. I'm adding today the final pictures of that neck at the end of this post. Enjoy!]

Have you had a day where nothing seems to go as planned? The day I relic'd this 2-pc Alder 1.9kg body I was supposed to work on something else. In the morning I had sprayed the famous Nitorlack nitro clearcoat that (supposedly) produces checking after a few days. In fact I wasn't going to apply it because lately, maybe because of Summer heat, this new formula acts like their old one, and starts to open big cracks and also sooner. But this Sunburst finish was quite thin, and I told myself it would be a good way too increase the thickness. This was on a Tuesday, and I was going to relic it the next Thursday.


By Tuesday's afternoon while I was working on another project, I start to see big cracks appear on the edges!! I hate last minute changes, but I had to go relic it before the finish got ruined. I applied the fast temperature change process in order to stop the automatic checking process and started to relic it by 16:00h until almost 23:00h. I was angry and tired that night! Not because of the final results, because I like it, but it was made under pressure, which is something I really don't like.

Let's say it was a difficult birth, but the "newborn" is here and in good health :)