#201916 :: Americana Classic Vintage White :: SOLD

Remember the #201844 (chinese) project?
Well, there you have reissue! The body isn't refined, specially compared to Guitarbuid's bodies, but it respects the traditional's neck heel specs, 56mm width, which leaves me surprised (again). The outer contour is fine, the interior of both horns has some imperfections, although overall the body is better than the one used on the project mentioned above. Still, the top and bottom aren't smooth, there's a texture to it. Not necessarily a bad thing, but still I would prefer a smoother finish.

All of the components are OK, at least until now. Electronics has no noises, the pickguard is more accurante than the one used in 2018, but the pickups are very low quality. Compared to the ones used on the #201844, those had a really Stratish tone, but these ones are OK in cleans, but I really don't like the distorted or crunch tones. A "must change" feature.

I tried a different neck though; I had this tinted worned neck around -based on an idea by Fender's Master Builder Dale Wilson - bought at TMG's eBay store, Germany, but I'm pretty sure it's chinese. Paddle headstock - man, unfortunately I didn't succeed to copy "you know who's" headstock curve - 10mm peg holes... At the same time it isn't easy to find chinese neck heels that have those 56mm width; usually they have 56,5mm or plus. Still, I smell asian...

However, soon as you play it, you will forget almost completely the aesthetic imperfections. I leveled the frets one first time from top to bottom, and then I spent one hour and a half working it one by one until there was no lumps. If the #201844 had quite a good action, this one isn't worse in any way! Fast playing guys, very fast playing.