#202008R :: Da'Twang '52 body in Worn Out Surf Green :: SOLD

This body has been for sale for several weeks, and this April 20th I opened the box just to try a maple neck on it, and guess what... I found a bump on the finish surface when close to the light! Thank God it wasn't sold yet! Either I'd remove the whole finish or try to correct the bump and at the same time do something cool, like a worn look or something. Well, I hadn't got much too loose - the worst scenario would be to do the finish all over again - and I wouldn't sell it knowing that it wasn't good. So, there I went...

You know what? I wasn't expecting much, but, finally, I really like the result! I know I say that all the time, and it's not because I don't post my failures that they don't exist; yes, s**t happens, once in a while.

Here it is: Guitarbuild UK body, Telecaster model, Fender vintage correct specs, 2-pc Alder, 2.1kg, in an aged, dirty, yellowed nitro worned/relic'd Surf Green finish. The very first time I posted this body I said I'd love to see this body with no pickguard, just the screw holes and direct mounting neck pickup. Guess what, I finally decided to make those, and I love it!! Still, the 1-ply black pickguard, that served as model is for sale with the body, if you prefer to install it.