#202114 :: Da'Twang '52 body in ''Race Track over Spilled Coffee Burst'' :: SOLD

I sold this one as a B-stock, not because something's wrong with the body - 2-pc Alder body from Philip James Luthier Group as good as the others I use - but because 2 things happened with the finish: I wanted to do another experience with racing stripes because I had bought a new and smoother masking tape, but the problem is that I decided to use also a star that my wife had around as a stencil. Beginner's mistake: if there's a gap, by small it may seem, nitro will enter in that gap... Since I had thought it might happen, it's well hidden under the pickguard, thank God! (see last 2 pics)


The second issue is that, I had a rest of Nitorlack's Relic clear coat - which sometimes cracks and this time didn't - that I used to make my Burst. It's true it was a bit dry with time... so instead of a great Sunburst, I have a kind of spilled burst, that starts from light brown to dark brown because the spray gun's spray wasn'tfluid enough. That's what it happens when you don't stop after a first mistake.

STILL, the relic job is great, it really makes an impression.