#202123 :: Americana set in Aged Aztec Gold :: SOLD

Taking pics to metallic finishes is a pain in the butt!

Moving on, some weeks ago I received a 1.95kg 3-pc Alder Strat body from ADP Guitar Parts here in France, and I was in the mood for a gold finish. All was fine until the transparent lacquer coat started peeling when I was doing the relic job; Except that, I started to like it. After all, why not?! I stopped the process with some 70% alcohol that "glued" the lacquer to the Aztec Gold, and tinted the showing wood. 

A 3-ply aged pickguard is included, and I had in stock a fabulous roasted maple / indian rosewood neck, vintage 21 fret and truss rod on the heel. By the way, the fret level is done (great craftmanship, 15 minutes and it was ready to go!). The Amber finish over the roasted maple looks great! This last Friday I have spent a couple of hours adjusting the center of the neck with the center of the body so everything fits perfectly. I usually pass a stitching thread by the middle of the nut and I keep on working the neck joint until it matches the middle of the bridge and it matches also the middle of the fretboard dots; it fits like a glove now.