#202128 :: Fetish Custom body in Aged Olympic White Burst over Tassotti paper :: SOLD

I had already done an experience with wall paper on the #202111 Telecaster set project. It turned out well, but it's too thick to cover completely with nitro. So I looked for some weeks for gift paper with paisley or flower patterns that would please me. Yes, I know, this is usually done with body decals, but I have only found those on Rothko and Frost in UK. One day I'm counting on buying those, but my pocket hurts for now when I think on how much it costs, and how sensitive they are. Plus, there are import taxes, so..., maybe in 2022.

Recently I have found gift paper that pleases me (finally!). Italian paper that arrives from Spain and bought on a french website. Yup, the world is crazy nowadays... Moving on, there were 2 big sheets, and I've used the first on the front and back of this 2.1kg Alder Jazzmaster body from Guitarbuild UK. I had tried to do a Ice Blue Metallic finish on it, but, and for all Jay Nelson may say that metallic finishes need clear coat, everytime I use clear coat on a metallic finish the color changes, a lot, and the bright Ice Blue Metallic turned out (almost) Sherwood Green Metallic, much darker and yellowish. Off it goes!

So, there it was, a good candidate for my experience! My advice? "-Kids, don't try this at home"! Wall paper glue's humidity made the paper to wrinkle... Yeah, I hadn't thought of that, but it's pretty logical. What's done it's done, and YES, there are a few wrinkles. It gave it an old vintage look, but I would prefer it to be smooth. Olympic White in a burst kind of finish, some aging "juice" and clear coat, a lot! Even though the paper is much more thin than wall paper (85gr/m2, as most paper sheets we all know), it still needs quite an amount of clear coat and sanding to cover the edges (and looking closer you can maybe find some spots where the transition can be seen).

Overall? I love it! It took longer than what I had planned, way longer, but the vintage vibe is there 100 percent! Yes, I always complain a lot, but I forget all about it at the end. Enjoy!