#202127 :: Americana SSS Classic body in TSB finish :: SOLD

How can a project give so much joy, and at the end have a bitter taste to it?

As you may already know from reading my other posts, I'm a big fan of Vincent Van Trigt from Fender Custom Shop. While I wouldn't dare to compare my work with his, I have inspired myself on one of his Smokehouse Sunburst Strats to achieve it. It took a lot of time, believe me, a lot of time to do it.
 
I had a 2.2kg 2-pc Alder body from Philip James Luthier Group that needed some final sanding in stock. I had bought it cheaper, and the description of this B-stock was that it had (still has) a small hole next to the lower horn of the body. No problem, it was underneath the pickguard.
 
After it was done, I fitted a neck for the first time and I nopticed that there's a gap on the back because the neck joint is oversanded. Yup, I felt pretty dumb. Still, there was plenty of space for the neck plate not to be at the edge of the wood, and it will surely make a great looking guitar project.