#202221 :: Da'Twang Modified set in Dirty Relic Olympic White :: SOLD

More than 40 followers on Reverb.com for this body only, but no one seemed decided to buy it, so I told myself it was time to do something I wanted to do for quite a while. I had done some research on a cheaper but good Bigsby vibrato, but the options I had were no longer available. So, I chose to use a vibrato that I know for sure that it works, a Jazzmaster vibrato from Göldo; NOT the TDG1JM, but the classic version. Affordable and efficient.

I got my hands on a beautiful C medium profile flamed maple/rosewood neck from Guitar Anatomy UK, which I have sprayed with a strong Amber nitro finish, and it looks awesome. For those who had already seen this item when I was just selling it as a body only, it's the same 1-pc Khaya (african mahogany), 2.3Kg, Telecaster body from AC Guitar Shop in Portugal. Nothing has changed except for the new vibrato and bridge drilling.

 I did a dirty white nitro finish on it, but what surprised me was that my wood aging sauce turned the showing wood black! Usually mahogany stays reddish... There's some discreet nitro checking all over the set. I've been doing some "dirty" finishes lately on light colors as I have done 2 or 3 years ago; once the nitro is dry enough, I do my relic finish on it, and apply my other special sauce in order to give it a dirty look. It's an "all or nothing at all" moment because if you over do it, you can easily ruin it, which happened a couple of times, and you have to start from scratch.

 The rest is pretty standard, the usual Allparts vintage machine heads I use, Göldo 250k pots, 3-way switch, and basically all the hardware comes from Thomann, in Germany. What's new, is that I have decided (for once) to sell a set with the pickups already installed (NOT soldered!). I had watched some YouTube videos presenting the Vintera Series from Fender lately, and since the pickups seem pretty great and not expensive, I have bought one 50's Vintage set to install on this model. Alnico III on the bridge and Alnico II on the neck pickup.

That's all folks!