#202302 :: Americana H/SSS Classic set in Heavy Relic Black :: SOLD

I've been doing some cool stuff this year with the help of my good Lord, although I've lost a couple of weeks in January because of my health, but this one right here - at least in my opinion - is something else! The body was, once again, inspired by my hero's work, Mr. Vincent Van Trigt, and when I thought it would be the star of this particular set, the neck surprised me. I've done a primary finish, and realized a couple of days later the thickness wasn't enough. So I sprayed a couple of lacquer coats more and let it sit. What I love the most about it, is that the later coats have detached a bit from the primary coats because of the different drying stage they were in. That allowed a lovely "coat over coat" effect that was quite random, but turned out great! These 25 pictures are really the summary of more than 60 I took that day. I took more pics of the neck than the body itself, because I really wanted to show every inch of it. It was a really hard choice to come down to 25, believe me!

And now for some quick specs; 2-pc Alder body, 1.9kg, HSS configuration but sold with a Göldo PG01B SSS 1-ply black 8-hole pickguard, and a genuine Fender Strat Accessory Kit Aged White that I have aged a bit more still. Usually these HSS bodies from Philip James Luthier Group in UK don't work that well with a standard HSS pickguard, the humbucker route is too far from the tremolo, so it's up to you if you want to modify it, or use it as an SSS traditional configuration, which would be what I would do. As for the neck, 1-pc Roasted Maple, 21 fret with vintage truss rod at heel, medium C profile, not too thin, but not too thick either. I've been using these since about 2 years or more now, excellent necks! No preliminar fret level done, all virgin!

God bless!

PS: I have decided to install machine head ferrules; the original diameter of the holes was 7,6mm, and since I have a couple of spare vintage ferrules around, I have relic'd them and installed. I think it will help you while doing the final assembly. The inner hole has a diameter of 6,1mm, compatible with several brands/models of vintage machine heads. Check out the photos on the last picture below.