#202341 :: Americana Classic open body + neck in Dirty O. White // Sunburst :: SOLD

As I wrote on my Instagram post, I think this relic is as good as any Fender CS example. Sorry if I seem too confident or arrogant.

These days I was wondering; maybe my clients may think that I haven't done enough on some of my projects. The truth is I always try my best. But a relic job depends not only on who's doing it, but also, and in a great measure, of the wood texture, the thickness of the nitro finish, drying time, humidity, etc. I cannot speak for other guys doing it, but that's my reality, the reality of someone who doesn't have a drying chamber, expensive spray guns, water curtain when spraying, and all of those things.

When I see some relic jobs who are priced at 4-digit numbers here and there compared to mine, I say to myself: "Yup, nice work Alex."; I have the feeling that some guys are more worried about the tag or brand decal on the headstock than concentrating on doing the best they could do. Relic is about the intention of reproducing random, which leads us to this body.

About it, light as a feather! 2-pc Poplar (lost some visitors there), 1.3kg, open cavity and a Dirty Olympic White finish over a Sunburst. No hardware included or pickguard; in fact, IMO, a tortoise pickguard would be a better choice. The color is quite similar to an awesome Jazzmaster set I did recently and I absolutely love it!

That said, Merry Xmas!!

 

(After buying this body Matthieu asked me to do a Maple/Rosewood neck for it; the final pictures will be posted at the end. Hope you like it!)