#202439 :: Vibe King set in Heavy Relic Sunburst :: SOLD

Hey guys!

Starting from the beginning; ADP Guitar Parts has sold 2 Alder bass bodies a while ago half price, a Precision bass body and a Jazz bass body, both from a brand called Boston. It isn't a very known brand, I've seen on internet they have stuff made in Japan and cheaper stuff, Chinese or equivalent. I've built a first P bass set in 2023, and this year I went for the J bass. Thinking about compatibility issues, I've bought a J Boston bass neck also. This is more like the cheaper stuff, but the neck is absolutely fine.


The relic job is the full image of what I like in every detail. I wasn't going to install PU covers, but while assembling the set I realized that the bridge PU route is misaligned with the neck by about 3mm. Have you ever been proud of something and at the end you realize that there's a problem? Well, then you know how I felt. So I chose to install covers to hide that; (perfectionists will leave after this comment LOL!). It is what it is!

Some specs: Fleor pickguard and vintage machine heads, Guyker bridge (these are pretty good Chinese brands), Harley Benton knobs, Göldo 250k pots (2 regular and 1 mini for the tone), Göldo jack socket too, rosewood unvarnished thumb rest, asian made PU covers and the rest is standard Thomann hardware. And the truss rod works fine, I've tried it.

My personal Jazz Bass has a Chinese neck and the action is superb, so this will make a good instrument in my opinion.


Oh! Before I forget; the nitro checking is quite radical, that's the whole beauty of it. Here and there it will one of these days peel. -"What do I do then Alex?!" Either you buy wood dye for the showing wood, or, as I did on it here and there already, apply a small amount of white vinegar with a Q-tip one or two times to darken the wood and once it's good for you, apply some transparent shoe wax over the wood to protect it. Cheap and effective, I'm not kidding! Hope you like my new kitchen counter, I have the feeling you're going to see it a lot :)

Cheers, God bless!