#202445 :: Da'Twang '52 body in Relic Old Patina Gold :: SOLD

The second of several Tele Poplar bodies coming soon. As I said in my previous project, my friend Cesar is apparently ending his poplar stock and I have seized the opportunity to end several colors I have in stock on these. Weighs 1.58kg, wiring channels made, and standard 55,6mm width neck joint.

DISCLAIMER :: For those maybe visiting my work for the first time this is new, but for those who know my work, you know I had already stated that I wanted to end metallic colors. I don't do that many projects and metallic colors tend to create a deposit of particules at the bottom that make spray guns clog. Although I have mixed the nitro the best I could, THERE ARE SEVERAL micro dots all over the finish. Poplar is a bit bumpy anyway even after wood filler, and nitro coats are quite thin (at least my nitro finishes are), so it's not like an Alder body where it would be really noticeable, but I prefer to be transparent about it, YES, it can be seen. That's the reason why the price is lower than usual :: The End.

Moving on, I love this tonality! This gold had already been mixed with some transparent dark brown and some drops of black, and I've achieved that dark gold as in the aged Goldtop Les Pauls we all love. Plus, the tint I use to tint the bare wood showing contains a small amount of acetone, and while rubbing all the body some areas turned slighlty greenish like a patina. It's really great! And I have just enough nitro to do one more body, Tele or Strat, I don't know yet.

In my opinion it's discreet because there is not many contrast, like with lighter colors, but at the same time it's got a lot of character because of the metallic effect. In the end I'll post the photo who inspired me, and 2 photo collages from details where I tried to capture the nitro checking. Again, another great color to use with a parchement or vintage white 1-ply pickguard!

Hope you like it!