#202620 :: Da'Twang '52 set in Heavy Relic Butterscotch Blonde :: RESERVED

Blog price: 750,00 Euros

:: Shipping: 25 Euros - France // 35 Euros - European Community + UK

(If you live outside the European Community get info on import taxes in your country BEFORE YOU BUY. Also, outside the EC, the shipping will be made through the french post office and a signature will probably be demanded)


This project wasn't supposed to happen like this. Let me explain, you already know I like stories. Someone in Spain asked me for a Telecaster body in Butterscotch Blonde one of these days. It happens that my wife took a one week vacation so we could continue our home improvements on the 2nd floor, so I thought this could be an easier project, since I knew I wouldn't have that much time to relic that week.

I sprayed a nice T-style 2-pc Alder B-stock 2.1kg body I have bought from the guys at Guitarbuild UK on Sunday morning and let it dry for half week. Temperatures were around 35C so by Thursday it was well dry. In fact it was an Esquire body, with only one pickup cavity in the bridge position, but I've managed to open a neck pickup cavity with my mini-drilling machine.

The temperature treatment gave it a nice old style texture and I proudly sent the final pictures on Friday. The client told me he was going to pass it because he prefers ash. OK, you already know I don't push anyone to buy my work. But ash is pretty heavy these days so better wait sitting down, otherwise you'll be quite tired, as we say in my country.

The week after (this week), I realized I had in stock all the parts to do a Telecaster set, so in 3 days I've done my best to finish it, since my wife is back to work.

Wow, I love it so much! I've done my favorite style of relic on the back of the neck, and I think it's really gorgeous from head to toe! I've also done a little teaser on the headstock; it was an Esquire body after all. Here you have it, 3.3kg of vintage beauty.

God bless!