Blog price: 275,00 Euros
:: Shipping: 20 Euros - France // 30 Euros - European Community + UK
Meet the "StracciaTele". I hadn't done one of these since 2021!
Another project that's been sitting around
for a few months now. The last one was the T-Master body, that sold quite
quickly, and today I've got something a little different: a custom Pawn Shop '51 style body.
The body features the classic ST contours and tremolo, combined with a standard TL pickup configuration. It was built by Guitarbuild UK from 3-piece ash, but unfortunately (as often these last years), it was quite heavy. I enlarged the TL control cavity to remove some weight, bringing it down to 2.5 kg, including the pickguard and control plate. The weight is why I'm offering it at a lower price. That said, I think the relic finish turned out really well.
The pickguard started as a blank 1-ply ST pickguard that I modified to fit the P'51 bass control plate, and the fit is spot on. Not bragging... well, maybe a little bit.
I also made a small wooden support block for the second control plate screw. It isn't glued, just screwed to the body with two screws. As for the electronics, you have at least two options:
A) My favourite: install a DiMarzio EP1108 mini-switch at the smaller hole of the control plate for a standard 3-way Telecaster wiring.
B) Install a 3-way toggle switch on the pickguard (for example, next to the upper horn, like on the Washburn N4), and use the small hole in the control plate for a Göldo ON-ON mini switch (included!) to split coils or perform other switching functions, if you decide for humbuckers in single coil size.
You will need a standard TL neck with 55,8 to 56mm wide heel. A roasted maple neck would look great, wouldn't it? If you need relic hardware send me a message, we can surely find a solution.
A final word, about the tremolo: the mounting screw spacing is 56mm, but I strongly recommend using a Fender Vintage Narrow tremolo, which has 56mm mounting screw spacing combined with 52mm string spacing, 63€ at Thomann musicstore. Don't say I didnt warned you if your E strings are too close to the edges.
Enjoy!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)